AppleScript Editor Description:
The Script Editor is the application used to read, write, record, and save AppleScript scripts. It is located in the AppleScript folder in the Applications folder on your hard drive.
Script Editor version 2.0 has been completely re-written for Mac OS X and includes these new features and abilities:
- Simplified easier-to-use interface
- Find and Replace in script text
- Auto-wrapping of long script statements
- Multiple undos
- No 32K limit on script size
- New Dictionary Browser with color coding and grouped events & classes
- Application scriptability
- Contextual Menu Scripts for faster script writing
- Support for Application Services
About the Download
- Script Editor Beta requires that Mac OS X v10.2 (Jaguar) be installed on your computer.
- The beta installer will not replace the existing Script Editor application.
- Although scripts executed within Script Editor Version 2.0 can target applications in the Classic environment, Script Editor version 2.0 is a native Mac OS X application and can only be launched in the Mac OS X environment, it cannot be run from within any version of Mac OS 9.
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.1 or later