Thursby's award-winning software product, DAVE, is the best solution for easy cross-platform file and print sharing. DAVE uses the fast, industry standard TCP/IP protocol instead of AppleTalk and is designed specifically for the Apple Macintosh. It is installed on the Macintosh and no additional hardware or software is required on the PC. DAVE is a “one product fits all” solution for sharing between the different Microsoft platforms and Macintosh systems. Providing SMB signing and Dfs support, it is the most secure and most versatile file and print sharing solution available.
DAVE is truly bi-directional, allowing your Macintosh to browse Microsoft networks and mount volumes, as well as share your folders or drives for others to access. DAVE also lets you to pick which folders or drives you want to share, allowing you to keep your home folder secure.
DAVE offers support for Mac OS X v10.4, Tiger, and Mac OS X v10.5, Leopard on both Power PC and Intel Macs.
* Domain Login Support
* Support for NTLMv2 and Kerberos
* Supports Distributed File Systems (Dfs)
* Shares files and printers between Macs and PCs
* Supports Microsoft standard browsing (including WINS)
* Supports Microsoft standard NTFS file format
* Support for bidirectional SMB-signed connections, NTLM SSP, and NTLMv2.a TCP/UDP transport
* Supports files larger than 2GB
* Allows “one click” mounting of multiple shares
* Shares CDs, printers, hard drives, folders, etc.
* Provides three options for sharing security
* Includes fully integrated help
* Supports Windows shortcut (.LNK) files
* Supports Windows network password changes
Operating System Support: Mac OS X v10.4 or v10.5 (with the latest updates)