Deja Vu Description:
Deja Vu offers an automatic and seamless new approach to backing up your files. It's a preference pane that shows up in your System Preferences, and it allows you to schedule unattended backups of important folders, or even your entire system.
Deja Vu has been localized for English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Ukrainian, and Traditional Chinese.
* Backup an unlimited number of folders.
* Perform your backup manually at the click of a button, or schedule your backups to run whenever it's convenient for you. Backups may be scheduled on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, and will be performed even if you aren't logged in.
* Save time by backing up only the files that have changed since the last backup.
* Perform remote backups to WebDAV, AFP, NFS and SMB servers.
* Synchronize the contents of folders.
* Accurately clone your OS X system disk, producing a bootable copy.
What's new in this version:
* Manual backups were not working reliably for some people, and for a different reason than in the prior release.
* File type/creator codes were still being reversed on certain Macs. Even more fixed than before.
* Safety Net archives are no longer zipped.
* The integrity of /var/db/volinfo.database is now verified and repaired if necessary. If this file becomes corrupted, it can cause problems when Deja Vu attempts to enable permissions on the destination volume.
* Improved registration reliability. It is finally possible to register Deja Vu from a standard (non-Admin) account.
* Comments may be added to the exclusions file (excludes.txt). Lines beginning with a "#" are considered comments.
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.5 Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 PPC
Review for Deja Vu