Macaroni is a tool which handles regular maintenance for Mac OS X. Maintenance includes Unix maintenance, Mac OS X permission repair, and removal of unnecessary language localizations.
* Automatically runs maintenance jobs
* Configurable: Add your own scheduled tasks
* Custom tasks can be scheduled as daily, weekly, monthly, or at regular intervals (such as "every three days").
* Tracks maintenance history
* Displays results of latest maintenance run.
* Tasks may be configured to run only during system idle time.
* Tasks may be configured to wait until your system is plugged in, saving battery power.
* Maintains Mac OS X Unix permissions using the "Permission Repair" utility
What's new in this version:
# Improved Leopard compatibility.
# Fixes minor bugs in version 2.1.
# This version requires Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. A version for 10.2 and 10.3 is available from our web site.
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.5 Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 PPC