MagicDraw UML Description:
MagicDraw is a visual UML modeling and CASE tool with teamwork support.
Designed for Business Analysts, Software Analysts, Programmers, QA Engineers, and Documentation Writers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems and databases. It provides the industry's best code engineering mechanism (with full round-trip support for J2EE, C#, C++, CORBA IDL programming languages, .NET, XML Schema, WSDL), as well as database schema modeling, DDL generation and reverse engineering facilities.
In short, MagicDraw is:
* A handy UML editor. A friendly and customizable GUI let you express your ideas in UML as quickly and straightforwardly as possible. The entire UML 1.4 notation and semantics are supported.
* A powerful code engineering tool. You can construct UML model, generate source code from it, write more code by hand or in your favorite IDE, then reverse the code, make some changes in the MagicDraw, and merge your model with the code again. No details are lost, no matter which way (backward or forward) you go. Support for Java, C#, C++, CORBA IDL, DDL.
* A UML model reporting facility. Based on the XSL files, you can generate custom HTML reports for each model element. MagicDraw allows you to select what parts of the model to include and how the report should look.
* An OO model analysis tool. MagicDraw generates package dependency diagrams, recover and display inheritance trees, or track any other kind of relation as a method parameter or a return value, such as dependencies, associations, realizations, and class usage.
* A custom OO model generator. Predefined set of desing patterns including GoF, Java, JUnit design pattern. All pattern can be extended and new pattern can be created using Java or JPython.
* Team modeling tool. More than one developer can work with the same OO model. The UML model is stored in the Teamwork Server repository...
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.3.9