Power*Architect is a user-friendly data modeling tool created by data warehouse designers, and has many unique features geared specifically for the data warehouse architect. It allows users to reverse-engineer existing databases, perform data profiling on source databases, and auto-generate ETL metadata.
* Accesses source databases via JDBC
* Connects to multiple source databases concurrently
* Compares data models, database structures and identifies discrepencies
* Drag-and-drop source tables, columns into the playpeN
* Remembers the origin of each column
* Generates source-to-target visual Mapping Reports
* Forward-engineers to PostgresSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, more
* Saves source data structure snapshots in the project, so you can work remotely
* All project data is stored in an easy-to-parse XML format
* BSD licensed
* Added support for explicitly named sequences in PostgreSQL and Oracle
* Added the ability to choose the constraint checking deferrability policy on foreign key relationships on supported platforms
* Tweaked the database comparison feature to ignore meaningless data type differences between columns (for example, DECIMAL vs. NUMERIC)
* Got rid of an excessive repainting problem introduced in version 0.9.8 (improves drawing performance)
* Added the SQL BOOLEAN type to the set of generic types. It forward engineers to BOOLEAN on platforms that support it, and TINYINT on platforms that lack the BOOLEAN type.
* Added DDL (forward engineering) support for HSQLDB
* Fixed a bug in the SQL script dialog where if the user has chosen not to continue after an error, clicking execute has no effect.
* Added a GUI relationship column mapping editor, allowing you to change which primary key column a foreign key maps to in the relationship properties editor.
* Fixed support for self-refer...
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.4 or later, Java 1.5.