PSU Blast Image Config
PSU Blast Image Config Description:
* Excellent alternative to NetRestore and other ASR tools
* One of the fastest ASR disk image restore tools available
* Quickly restore a Mac OS X system disk image to a Macintosh's boot hard disk (via Apple's asr command line tool)
* Automatically set the Open Firmware boot security mode and password
o Prevent users booting with another volume (CD, DVD, FireWire Hard Disk) without supplying a password
o Prevent users from entering "Single User Mode", which gives "root" access to the Mac
* Change the network settings on the restored HD, if configured to do so
* Set the Open Firmware boot device to the restored disk
* Restore system images over the network
* Extensible through pre and post restore scripts
* Specify default and autorun settings via a preference file
* Used by many Universities and Enterprise Companies
What's new in this version:
* Now fully supports Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
* Supports Tiger's asr:// multicast client mode
* Includes new Tiger compatible version of the OFPW command line tool
* Very robust http image verification now in "Other Images Source" dialog and prerestore verification
* Added Cancel buttons to nearly all interactive dialogs.
* Now can just skip the date and time dialog if desired.
* Planning for future logging features: Run log filename modified, new format is: /tmp/PSUBlastImageConfig.RUN.YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log.
* Open Firmware dialog: Added ability to Skip setting the Open Firmware. Still defaulting to Apply for the settings, but the auto run prefs can be set to skip it automatically.
* Expiring the sudo rights when quitting.
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.2.2 or higher, including 10.3.x and 10.4 , ncutil