At Sibelius, we believe notation software should be a joy to use, not a frustration. If you thought it was impossible for an advanced scorewriter to be easy to use, think again: you'll be astonished by Sibelius's intuitive design and uncompromising quality. And our latest version, Sibelius 4, is another giant leap forwards for notation software, with three ground-breaking features, unique among notation products, that will change the way you work with music: Dynamic Parts keeps instrumental parts in the same file as the score, and keeps both score and parts up-to-date as you edit; attach a digital video to your score and compose to picture, with the video in perfect synchronization to the score's playback; and use the Worksheet Creator to generate teaching materials in moments, choosing from the more than 1700 ready-made worksheets and other resources.
What's new in this version:
* Support for new Garritan Personal Orchestra Sibelius Edition and Sibelius Rock and Pop Collection products
* Two new plug-ins
* Bar number ranges on multirests (and bar numbers can be dragged any distance)
* Advance through attached video files one frame at a time
* Create any MIDI controller change message via Play > Dictionary
* Easily create dynamic parts in different transpositions from the same instrument
* New timecode formats (15fps, 29.97 (drop) fps) and improved timecode import from MIDI files
* Supports new Apple Mighty Mouse (Mac OS X 10.4.2 or later)
* Supports PostScript (Type 1) music fonts
* Fixed a problem that caused Sibelius to slow down during editing in scores using French beams.
* Fixed a problem that caused Sibelius to crash sometimes after stopping playback when using GPO Sibelius Edition.
* Fixed a problem whereby lines following text (e.g. lyric lines, or guitar lines) would appear at different distances away from the text at different zoom levels.
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
Review for Sibelius