Sigma Chess Description:
Sigma Chess is a master strength Macintosh chess program for both OS X and Classic Mac OS. The feature set includes: Database support, PGN/EPD support, basic desktop publishing, endgame databases, novice levels, a true perspective 3D board, ExaChess compatibility and much more.
What's new in this version:
* Now bundled with the new HIARCS 11 engine!
* Sigma can now display multiple variations for UCI engines supporting the MultiPV option. The following UCI engines currently support MultiPV: Deep Sjeng, Fruit 2.2.1, HIARCS 11.1 (registered version only), Homer, Ruffian and Toga.
* Main lines and variations can now also be shown horizontally. This option is available from the new mini toolbar below the "Analysis" pane.
* Sigma now displays the transposition/hash table usage for UCI engines supporting the hashfull option.
* The Analyze Game functionality has been improved: Both the actual and suggested score are now included (the actual score is shown first and in brackets). Also, the score limit in the Analyze Game dialog now controls the actual score improvement between the actual and suggested lines, which is more useful. Finally, annotation glyphs (? and ??) are added for blunders.
* The UCI Loader icon no longer shows in the Dock (thanks Jesse :-)
* Even larger 2D board sizes.
* You can now import multiple games into a collection in one operation.
* Various minor bug fixes (see the enclosed "Read me" document).
Operating System Support: Mac OS X 10.3.9
Review for Sigma Chess