SkyORB 3D Description:
SkyORB 3D takes you on a tour of the solar system or the galaxy.
Click "More" to learn why you should download this App today!
This astronomy program charts the stars, planets, and other celestial objects such as comets and asteroids and lets you navigate through space.
SkyORB 3D features a 3D interface, with OpenGL 2.0 3D engine fully optimized for Mac, 64-bit astronomy engine, Grand Central Dispatch enabled, a search engine, a large catalog of stars (Hyparcos), deep objects (NGC/IC 2000) planets, current satellite (including current space shuttle missions) (MPC) and let you choose see the actual sky from any point on Earth.
- Allows you to fine tune your observation location from the database of by entering longitude and latitude.
- Information like sunset and sunrise are computed as well as moonrise and moonset and full / new moon dates.
- 3D planetarium with planets and satellites and 3 differents views with 3D objects with different level of details using photorealistic textures and shader effects.
- 3D sky map with realtime precession.
- Comets and satellites trajectories.
- Worldmap sun clock with rise and set.
- Multi-touch trackpad (newer Macbook and Magic Pad) with pinching-to-zoom gesture is supported for zoom-in and out.
- Full screen mode and windowed (resizable) is also supported as well as a 'night vision' mode.
- Universal search engine.
- 32/64 bit engine.
Check out our Facebook page:
Check out our Twitter page:
Requires OpenGL 2.0 compatible video card, dual core or better CPU recommended.
System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Operating System Support: Mac OS X