Volume Mounter Description:
Volume Mounter is an application for mounting AppleShare volumes. It keeps a small database of the mounting information needed for each volume and can mount the volumes at program launch or manually from the pop-up menu or scrolling list.
Volume Mounter is especially useful in a classroom or corporate environment with many different file servers. Once the mounting information is entered into Volume Mounter it is stored in the Preferences file. This Preference file can then be copied to all lab computers immediately giving all users access to server shares. This greatly reduces user training and administrative workload.
Brief feature list:
* Runs natively on Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.2!!
* Supports Quartz text rendering under Mac OS X 10.1.5+
* Advanced Preferences with password protection
* Supports AppleTalk and TCP/IP file servers over AFP
* Database holds up to 128 volumes
* Volumes may be entered multiple times with different passwords and/or different networking protocols
* 30-day full functioning demo
* Tested with MacOS X 10.1 - 10.3.5 and Mac OS 9.2.2.
What's new in this version:
* NEW FEATURE: Added preliminary support for SMB mounting under OS X. In informal testing this is now working!!
Operating System Support: MacOS X 10.1 - 10.3.5 and Mac OS 9.2.2.